background

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Father and Son Scout Cake





I have to say that I'm still laughing over this cake. Okay, not the cake but the decorating of the cake. The baking part went fine. The mess was minimal and no they did not clean it up. But the decorating, oh my gosh. Yes that is a blow dryer that you see in the picture. I warned them that the frosting was stiff - be careful, you'll rip the top of the cake off when you spread it, blah, blah, blah. I could see it happening long before it really happened. But they decided it was because the cake was too moist. Isn't that the point - making a moist cake? But anyway, they thought they needed to dry the cake out so out came the blowdryer. They dried that poor cake out for about 10 minutes. And guess what... it didn't work. Can you believe that? They finally decided to microwave the frosting and that solved the problem. The frosting was runny then and they spread it easy. But the whole blowdryer thing is still making me laugh! Got to love my boys.

No comments: