background

Friday, October 9, 2009

Yummy Shrimp Dinner


Oh this was so good. I had to take a picture of it. I have made it a few times and I love it. We had corn from my very own garden with it this time. There's pasta under the shrimp, but Dakoda and I love lots of shrimp on top.
For you Christie....
Shrimp Orzo Skillet
8 oz. large uncooked shrimp
1 TBL oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp sugar
8 oz. orzo pasta (I found it at Smith's)
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 Cups chicken broth
1 Cup clam juice
1 lemon
1 TBL fresh mint (I've never used this, I use fresh parsley instead)
1 Cup frozen peas
1 TBL butter
peel and devein shrimp. Add oil to skillet. Heat skillet. Combine salt, pepper and sugar in bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat.
Arrange shrimp in single layer in skillet and cook about 1 minute or until on side is browned and edges are pink. Remove skillet from heat and turn shrimp. Let stand 1 minute. Remove shrimp, set aside.
For orzo, in same skillet, combine orzo, garlic, broth and clam juice. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook 10-12 minutes until orzo is cooked through.
As orzo cooks, zest lemon to measure 1 TBL zest. juice lemon to measure t TBL. Thinly slice mint (or parsley).
Remove skillet from heat and stir in peas, butter and lemon juice. Arrange shrimp over orzo. Cover skillet and let stand 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with lemon zest and mint before serving.
This recipe is out of pampered chef's 29 minute meals.

1 comment:

Christie said...

looks yummy!
You should share the recipe, *wink*wink