background

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Morning

Finally, Christmas came. We've waited and waited and waited. I have waited for the Christmas Spirit to hit me. I've waited for the to be excitement in my house. I've waited for yummy food. And it finally came. On Christmas eve, when all of the work was done it all came. We had our traditional Christmas breakfast on Christmas eve. We watched "The King is Born" (I highly recommend this video on the Birth of our Savior.) The boys were content and wrapped up in their new soft PJs and Dean and I could just sit and cuddle and relax. That's when it hit. Not opening presents or having a lot of commotion, but when I just sat still and could just let it creep in. It all came then. The boys got all they dreamed of. Devin got a .22, Dylan got a bow and Dakoda got a .270. Lots of shooting at our house. The family got a Wii and I for one cannot move my right arm due to the tennis match last night. An awesome Christmas I do say. And the mess was kept at a minimum. Thank goodness.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Thanks for sharing that. That seems to be one of the hardest things for me to find lately. The excitement and the spirit of the whole season are something that I have to search for. They don't just come like they use to!