background

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Kitchen Walls

Yes that is stainless steel chair rail.  I have repainted behind those chairs a bazillion times.  That's a lot in case you're wondering.  As soon as the chairs hit it again the paint is gone.  In fact there is a hole in the sheetrock from the wear and tear.  I thought about a wood rail but that would require paint too and paint chips.  So in my little mind I though metal.  Dean and I ate at a restaurant in Park City one day that had painted metal around as a chair rail but the paint was once again the problem.  This piece of metal when we bought it was rusted and ugly.  Dean put his sander on it and shined it up.  We had to put a coat of clear polyurethane on it to keep it from rusting.  The bolts are shined up too so they match.  I LOVE how it turned out.  Bring on the chairs!


No comments: