background
Monday, August 24, 2009
A Successful Elk Hunt
My very own bow hunter. Every one should have one. And ONLY one.
This is a snow blizzard. YES a snow blizzard. I could not believe it so I took a picture of it. Dean was going hunting in this. It only lasted a few minutes so he still went. The kids and I fished at Moon Lake while Dean hiked his guts out. He didn't get one this day. Thank Goodness. Or he would have been packing it out alone.
The nice elk was the winner. Dean shot it Saturday morning on the very TOP of a mountain. If you've ever hiked or hunted with Dean, he likes to go where horses can't get to. So needless to say it was quite the hike to get back up to him. Dakoda and Dylan were at a YM party so it was just Devin and me to help. I hiked up the hill with an empty backpack on and brought down about 100 pounds of meat. Dean had about 150 pounds on his back and Devin packed the saw. Today is Monday and I'm still so sore. My buttcheeks do not feel like they are connected to my body.
Hunter Dean and his minny me. Devin said, "It's just so gross, but I can't stop looking." I had no problem not looking at the gross parts. My only amazement was how much damage an arrow could do from an elk running with a razor in his vitals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment