background

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

I have no pictures of our fun day. I forgot the camera. We decided to go to Provo and get a few things that we needed. My broken cooktop finally got replaced and I am the proud new owner of an elliptical. Trust me, I desperately need the elliptical. Dean has been wanting a pistol since he got his concealed weapons permit. He has justified it every way possible. "It feels good in your hands, huh?" "What if a bad guy breaks in?" "What about the bears?" It was absolutely fine by me, but I think he was trying to make it okay in his mind. We go hiking and camping quite a bit and the bears scare me so I was actually all for it. Everything I was getting ended up being on sale!! That was nice. We ate at Las Hermanos (sp?) with the boys. We were so miserably full.

After that we went to the final round of the state wrestling tournament. We had a wonderful day. I love my family. Dean is an angel sent from God to rescue me from myself. I would be a mess without him. Those of you who knew me in high school would attest to the fact that Dean is my angel. I am a happy and content person with him. He lifts me up when I'm down. He has great shoulders to cry on. Or just to lay on. He hugs me in a way that makes me feel like he is holding me together sometimes.

My boys are a whole other story. They bring fun and enjoyment and life everywhere we go. They are funny and loving. They bring a smile to my face every time I think about things they have said. Dylan and Devin think their sole purpose in life is to be tormenting each other. They don't fight mean a whole lot but they are constantly at each other. Dakoda is my mellow child that just goes with the flow.

I love my family and the things that I am learning as I grow up. Whether I want to learn these things or not. My dad having cancer has taught me to slow down and enjoy things. Relax, spend time with those that you love and who love you. Time on this earth is too short to lose a minute on wasteful things like hating people and being pissed off at the world. Most importantly to have fun and find some sort of enjoyment out of everything. One more thing I've learned is determination. I've learned that I have momma claws that come out when my family is threatened in any way. I have a great family and I can't wait to cook hotdogs this summer at my dad's house. We are just waiting for the snow to melt. I hope it hurries!!!

No comments: